What are you doing for your marriage? Dates are an easy answer, even though very few couples prioritize them! Dates with your spouse don’t always have to be elaborate and expensive. Some of our favorite dates are actually FREE!
Date ideas for your marriage
We will grab our baseball gloves, find a nearby field, and play catch. We get to enjoy fresh air, get in some light exercise, and just talk and catch up with each other. Going on a walk in a new neighborhood or part of the city is also fun and free!
Another favorite date is just grabbing coffee or some yummy food and picking one or two of these questions. It’s easy to have the ‘same conversations’ over and over, especially if you are parents, and even more so if you work together. But it’s so important that your relationship not be centered on your kids, or your business. Because one day your kids will leave the nest, and you may choose to retire from this business venture one day. What will you be left with? Hopefully a marriage that is based on love and friendship!
So take these questions along with you on your next date, and see what kind of conversations arise from intentionally asking each other these questions.
Questions for Your Marriage
- What is ONE area in your life that you want to improve. And how can your spouse support you in that?
- What’s one relationship that you are feeling sad, mad, or upset about? What do you think is the root of the problem?
- Is there a burden that you have been shouldering alone? Share it so I can carry it with you!
- What is ONE thing God is asking you to RELEASE? Let’s commit to praying over it for the rest of the month together.
- Have I done something recently that has hurt your heart?
- What is ONE thing you can do to show DELIGHT in your marriage?
- What is something simple you are so thankful for these days?
- What’s a new dream that is on your heart?
- Create a calendar reminder to do ONE thing a week to honor your spouse! (Examples: plan a surprise date, leave notes in fun places, initiate their favorite activity…SEX!)